Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Music Review: Clean Kutt & Rob "Standing Out"


What's up everyone! I'm back with another music review.  This time it's on the single "Standing Out" by Clean Kutt & Rob.  I first found out about this guy through my people over at South East Hip Hop Magazine, just browsing through the new joints posted on their page.  I listened to the first few secs. and I wasn't interested.... at first.  Not that the song was "wack", just didn't move me within the first few seconds.  No biggie, I just went on and read some new posts and kept it moving.  That was a few weeks back.

Then I forgot all about this cat, but just the other day, my dude Jay of South East Hip Hop Magazine asked me if I could review some more music, and although I haven't written a blog entry in awhile I said "sure" (because Jay will hook me up if I need something, so I'm always down to listen to music from his music pool).

Then when he sent over the "Standing Out" jawn from Clean Kutt, I suddenly remembered and.... remembered not liking it (well at least the first few sec. of it anyway).  I know Jay and South East Hip Hop Magazine don't get behind any wack records, so I decided to give it another shot and this time listen to it longer than a few quick secs.  

and.........

I'm glad I did because I can certainly rock with this joint.  The beat is real simple, but effective with a nice West Coast flavor to it, and the video itself is nice and clean.  Nice rides, and you can tell Clean Kutt really put some thought into the presentation!

I'm glad I let the joint ride out and let it sit with me before making a quick judgement call, and I encourage the rest of you all to do the same by listening and watching the music video above.


Shout out to South East Hip Hop Magazine.
http://www.southeasthiphopmag.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment